Here is the Morning Mojo Report for Friday, Oct. 26:
* As of 7:30 a.m., traffic was sluggish on I-270 southbound and I-495 in both directions, but was running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area.
* The MARC Train, Metro Subway, Light Rail, Commuter Buses, and Local Bus Services were all running on time, according to the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) website, mta.maryland.gov/.
* The weather today is expected to be cloudy with a high of 67 degrees, according to the AccuWeather forecast on the HMTV6 weather website at www.herald-mail.com/hmtv6/weather/. Tonight, some clouds and patchy fog are expected with a low of 55 degrees. Check the HMTV6 weather blog at hagerstownblogs.com/brittany-beggs/ for weather updates.
* Work to improve U.S. Alternate 40 and Poffenberger Road continues. Poffenberger Road is closed between Garis Shop Road and Sharpsburg Pike (Md. 65). Traffic on U.S. Alternate 40 may be reduced to one lane at times. Workers are assisting traffic there when needed.
* Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is expected to continue until the spring of 2013, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed, and expect lane closures at different times.
* Traffic on Pennsylvania Avenue (U.S. 11) is reduced to one lane between Maugans Avenue and Northern Avenue so the Maryland State Highway Administration can remove the top layer of pavement and resurface it in that area, according to an emailed release from the SHA. Work is expected to continue through Friday, Nov. 9.