An electrical fire broke out in a Caltech-owned apartment Thursday night that resulted in $150,000 worth of damages and the death of a cat.
Pasadena firefighters extinguished the fire in the 1000 block of East Villa Street which started at about 7:30 p.m., authorities said in a statement.
There were no deaths or injuries at the 37-unit apartment, however rescue ambulance crews were unsuccessful in resuscitating a cat. The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical and 42 crew members were at the scene for almost three hours.
The damage to the structure was valued at $125,000 and the value of the contents lost was $25,000.
-- Adolfo Flores, Times Community News